The latest version of SoftChalk is a web-based application which allows you to easily create existing course materials into interactive and engaging e-learning content with minimal time, effort, and resources.
With SoftChalk you will be able to:
- Build, customize and personalize media-rich learning content.
- Create interactive activities to keep student engaged.
- Easily add SoftChalk files directly into Blackboard Learn courses.
- Share your content between courses or with other instructors.
- Create graded assessments.
- Add grades from your quizzes seamlessly to your Blackboard Learn Grade Center.
- Include ratings and polls in your lessons.
- Develop custom course materials that can be viewed by students on any device.
To learn more about what you can do with SoftChalk:
Get Started with SoftChalk Cloud
UTSA has a site license to SoftChalk Cloud, and it is available to all UTSA faculty and staff. Please note administrator rights on your computer are required to install the software. If you do not have administrator rights, please contact Tech Café at 210-458-5555 or submit a ServiceNow request.
Resources and Tutorials
- Read the SoftChalk Cloud Guide (pdf).
- View UTSA’s SoftChalk Knowledge Base.
- Moving a SoftChalk Lesson Saved in Blackboard to SoftChalk Cloud.
- Visit SoftChalk website to view our on-demand Video Tutorials.
- See how other institutions are using SoftChalk by viewing the Innovators in Online Learning Webinars and success stories.
- SoftChalk Training at UTSA
- The Office of Digital Learning sponsors a variety of workshops and training on different topics related to educational technologies, including SoftChalk Cloud! For more information about SoftChalk Cloud training, visit Workshops and Training web page.