Innovative Opportunities for Instructors
- Teaching digitally provides instructors with greater flexibility to address varying learning styles and use different technologies.
- Just like online students, online teachers also enjoy the flexibility and convenience of the medium. They can teach from the comfort of their own homes and do not need to be at a specific place at a specific time to teach or to interact with their students.
Promotes Student Accessibility and Creativity
Benefits of online courses and teaching:
- Courses may encourage participation from students who may not actively participate in traditional classroom settings.
- Students’ can access courses they may otherwise be excluded from due to shortage of physical space, or lack of availability of a particular course at their home campus. It enables you as an educator to reach more students, more diverse students, and in more places.
- Digital learning helps students succeed when circumstances are not typical or ideal. For many of our students, being able to further their educational goals while staying with their family or holding a part-time job while studying is a welcome lifeline.
- By providing flexibility for students to watch lectures on their own time and at their own pace, and revisit them when needed, students can adapt their learning experience to their needs to optimize their success in the course.
- Helps students experience different forms of engaging with course materials. Since online modes of teaching allow instructors to experiment, innovate, and explore the best ways of using technology to their advantage, the student experience can be significantly enriched.