Respondus® is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard Learn, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved between different learning systems. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
With Respondus you will be able to:
- Gain support for up to 15 question types.
- Import questions from MS Word, rich text and tab/comma delimited format files.
- Access various Respondus-compatible publisher test banks.
- Preview questions before publishing to LMS.
- Access ‘batch publish’ feature that allows to publish to multiple courses in a single step.
Get Started with Respondus
UTSA has site-licensed Respondus. The software will be supported by Digital Learning, and is available to all faculty and staff. To install Respondus on your computer go to the Respondus distribution site at UTSA. If you would like to get more information about Respondus please contact Digital Learning for more information.
To install the software, you need to have administrator rights on your computer. If you don’t, call UTS at 210-458-5555 or send them an email.
Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
To get the access code you will need to:
- Go to the Respondus Distribution site at UTSA
- Enter your myUTSA ID and passphrase
- Click on the folders for Respondus Software installation.
- Click to download the Respondus4Campus installation file.
- Click to download RESPONDUS_PASSWORD_2021.txt.
- Instructions are provided in the Respondus_Instructions.pdf file.
Resources and Tutorials
- Review system requirements for Respondus
- Visit Distribution site and download Respondus
- See various published questions from our publisher test bank
- Visit Respondus website to view our on-demand demo movies
- Review the quick start guide
- Understand user roles and view the Respondus user guides
- Get technical support from support resources