Ally Student Communication
An important component of Ally is the alternative format options students will have access to. The statements provided will help:
- Show where to access Alternative Formats from the icon next to course files and content
- Describe what each format is and its benefits
- Explain Alternative Formats may take a few moments to download depending on file size
Use the tabs below to find statements to copy and paste into your course.
You can now download your course files in different formats that fit your device, need, and learning preference. Click the “A download” icon next to your course files to view “Alternative Formats” of your course files. The file may take a few minutes to download, so continue with your work while you wait. The quality of the alternative formats can vary based on the original file, so if something looks out of place, consult the original file.
Depending on the type of file, you will see the following options:
- An OCRed PDF improves the quality of scanned PDFs
- A Tagged PDF for Word and PowerPoint documents or for improved navigation with screen readers
- An HTML version that will be a simple and responsive to mobile devices with zoom-in capabilities
- An ePub version for use with ePub readers that allows for font customization, contrast adjustment, and annotation/highlighting
- An Electronic Braille version for your Refreshable Braille Display
- An Audio MP3 for listening to your content on the go
- BeeLine Reader for faster reading speed and color-adjusting settings