- Remove items and files that students will never access
- Review content collection area for duplicate files
- Delete empty content areas or folders
Remove Items and Files
Task: Remove items and files that students will not access during the semester
Try not to use your course shell as file storage
Solution: Use other tools such as OneDrive
Remove items and files that students will never have access to
Solution: Remove these elements (if you use Proctorio keep the hidden content area)
Review the Content Collection Area
Task: Review content collection area for duplicate files
Having multiples of file makes extra work for you when making content accessible.
- Make note of where you have the same file posted in multiple places
- Review your content collection area for the duplicate files
- Delete the duplicate files in the content collection area, leaving only 1 of the file
- Relink the same file in multiple places as needed
Delete Empty Areas
Task: Delete empty content areas or folders
After reviewing your course, delete all elements on the navigation menu that students should not access.
Then, review the content in each content folder and delete all empty sections that students should not access.