To ensure a faculty member has access to their Blackboard course:
• Blackboard courses are automatically created for the semester based on course catalogue in Banner.
• Course creation takes place 8 weeks prior to the semester start date.
• Your department assigns the instructor in Banner to the course section they are teaching.
◦ Once the department assigns an instructor to the course section in Banner, the course instructor is automatically assigned to the course in Blackboard. This is updated daily via an automated process between Blackboard and Banner.
◦ If the department does not assign an instructor to the course in Banner, then no instructor is assigned in the Blackboard course. The Blackboard course will update within a day once a faculty member is assigned in Banner via an automated process.
For questions or issues with this process please contact Academic Innovation at (210) 458-4520 or email us at AcademicInnovation@utsa.edu.
New Faculty Access
If a new faculty needs access to a Blackboard course and do not have login credentials, their department will need to do the following so that credentials can be created.
• If access is needed within 30 days of their appointment, please submit an appointment eForm. Once the eForm has completed the approval process, access will generate overnight.
• If access is needed more than 30 days before their appointment, a zero-percent assignment can be submitted. Once the eForm has completed the approval process, access will generate overnight.
For questions or issues with this process please contact Human Resources at (210) 458-4250 or email them at HR@utsa.edu.